Featuring today a cute, little, very talented, inspiring and youngest Artist here on my blog. Readers big round of applause for Priyanshu Thankur.
|A little artist at work|
A big warm welcome Priyanshu on Design Decor & Disha. Please let us know something about yourself. Over to Priyanshu:-
I am a 13 year old child artist and I make sculptures out of stoneware clay and also paint acrylic on canvas. I am 9th Std. Student of St. Annes High school Mumbai.
When I was 5 year old playing with clay and made one Ganesha....my mother saw that and she taught me how to make sculptures.
My Parents always encouraged my talent, and many other people who helped me gain so much success till now.
|Beautiful sculpture created by Priyanshu|
Their are many eminent personality who encouraged my talent and give me an opportunity to participate in various shows.
|Priyanshu exhibiting his artwork.|
My sculptures are often abstract figures of tribal people, and I even sculpt ceramic shoes and tea pots. The sculptures that I make are Raku fired which gives them a shiny effect.
My paintings are of villagers and farmers whom I see from train while I go to my hometown.
Many famous people who have collections of my art work are Film Director Amol Gupte, Music Director Leslie Lewis, Actress Anushka Sharma, Actor Ranbir Singh, Mrs.B R Chopra, Industrialist Mr. Jay Raghoonanthan from South Africa and many more.
|Priyanshu with Ranveer & Anushka|
|Film Director Amol Gupte interacting with Priyanshu|
Ah I am totally bowled over by amazing creation of this wonderful artist.
Here are some feathers in this little boy's cap.
* 2012 : 8th Std. Student of St. Annes High school
Orlem Malad (w) Mumbai-4000 64
*2011: Stoneware Sculpture & Painting, at Prakrit Art Gallery, Channai
Group Exhibition: (Ceramics & Painting)
* 2006: Holy Childs School of Art , Mumbai
* 2008: Nehru Center Art Gallery, Mumbai
* 2008: Kala Ghoda Art Festival , Mumbai
* 2009: Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
* 2010: Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
* 2010: Nehru Center Art Gallery, Mumbai
* 2011: “CHATAK” Nehru Center Art Gallery, Mumbai
* 2012:Ceramic sculpture show at Artist Center, Mumbai
* 2010: Loksatta Balrang News paper Children Story Painting
* 2010: Kala Ghada “Just Fired potters” Slide Show at ICIIA Art Gallery
* 2010: Theater Workshop with Juhi & Nadira Babbar, Mumbai
* 2010: Landmark Forum Course from UK in Mumbai
* 2010: Studio Pottery & Sculpture at Lavasa Art & Culture Festival
* 2011: 21st Jan to 30th Jan. Surbhui Art Fest. CBD , New Mumbai
* 2011: 5th Feb to 13 feb. studio potters show at Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
* 2012: 4th to 12th Feb. Studio Potters Ceramic Show at Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
* 2012: Studio Potters Ceramic Show at Hathautee Art Festival, Mumbai
* Many prizes in Painting, Project & Poster in School & Interschool Compitition Mumbai
* Two Drawings about Mumbai Social Life Printed in Annual School Magazine, 2007
* “Spread Peace” Painting Cover Design for School Magazine 2008
* 2008: 26 Nov. terror attack painting selected by Loksatta Newspaper
* Media Coverage by Leading TV Channel, Newspaper at Mumbai & Chennai
*2012 : 2nd place for Inter School Save tiger poster compitition
* 2010: Lavasa Art & Culture Festival, Lavasa, PUNE
* 2011: “Boot Race with Foot” Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
* 2012: 4th to 12th Feb. Installation “Wild West ” at Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
* 2012: Installation “Wild West ” at Hathautee Art Festival, Mumbai
Ceramic Workshop :
*2008: Eco-friendly Ganesha workshop for children at Holy Childs School of Art , Mumbai
*2009-10: Ceramic Ganesha workshop for children at Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
*2010: Ceramic Sculpture Workshop at Lavasa Art & Culture Festival
*2010: Studio Pottery & Sculpture workshop at Nehru Center for Bal Mohan School, Mumbai.
*2011: Ceramic Sculpture Workshop on 17tht Jan. at Surbhui Press Conference, The Club, Juhu.
*2011: Ceramic Sculpture Workshop on 2nd Oct. at Prakit Art Gallery, Channai
* 2012: Ceramic Sculpture Workshop at Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
* 2012: Ceramic Sculpture Workshop at Hathautee Art Festival, Mumbai
Painting & Ceramics in Collections:
* Mr. Amol Gupte, Mumbai * Mrs. Neena Rege,Nehru center
* Mr. Jay Raghoonathan , South Africa * Mrs. Tulika Gajarao, Singapore
* Mrs. Pratibha Wagh, Mumbai * Anushka Sharma, Ranvir Singh
* Mrs. Pamela Chopra, * Sidharth Kak Mumbai
* Lesle Lewis * Prakrit art Gallery, Chennai and many more in India & abroad.
If you are residing in Mumbai then don't miss the opportunity to have a look of Priyanshu's artwork at his studio.
Plot-323/ D-45 , Vishakha CHS, Near Apna Bazar, Sec- 3, Charkop , Kandivali (w) Mumbai - 400067. India.
Contact: Cell: 09820383213, 09820441619, Resi: +91 022-28681475
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com
I know lot of readers out there are inspired and appreciating this little wonder...don't you!! OK you can express your feelings in comments below. Shower your love by saying a word or two to this young artist.
Read about some more artist featured earlier on my blog here.